Why am I having new software update issues with my phone?
loyer16

New software update my my phone crash ad now it wants to connect to itunes. It wont allow me to update or restore from iTunes. What is going on? Now in iTunes my whole phone reset and doesn't show my serial number or iphone name.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why am I having new software update issues with my phone?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your phone is probably booting into iOS but the update is corrupted. Try to make the device enter DFU mode forcefully rather than allow it to enter Recovery mode.

How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

You will have to Restore the phone, and use a backup to retrieve your data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Loyer16, it's unfortunate to hear that you are going through this. I would be devastated to lose all of my information. Lets work on getting it back.

Is your phone allowing you into the home screen at all? If you log into your iCloud account is all of your information there?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your phone is probably booting into iOS but the update is corrupted. Try to make the device enter DFU mode forcefully rather than allow it to enter Recovery mode.

How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore

You will have to Restore the phone, and use a backup to retrieve your data.

0 Likes