Why am I recieving calls from a local number but it's a scammer trying to get my credit ard info?
PimpMa

Have anyone else been receiving calls from solicitors or scammers trying to get your credit card info. Claiming that they want to lower your credit

card interest. I knew it was a scam when I asked him for the name of the company he worked for as well as a number at which he could be reached

so I could  call him back to confirm the legitimacy of his business. He refused to share the information with me. I let him know that i was aware of what he was doing and he got really upset with me and screamed obscenities at me and then end the call by hanging up on me.

Somehow these people are using local cellphone numbers to call different potential victims.

My question is how are these scammers using someone Else's cellphone number to complete their calls?

I know that their using someone else number because when the call is ended I redial the number used to call me. And the person on the other end is not aware of this going on with the use of their cellphone number.

Thanks

Naetasha Malone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why am I recieving calls from a local number but it's a scammer trying to get my credit ard info?
Tidbits
Legend

It's caller ID Spoofing.

Re: Why am I recieving calls from a local number but it's a scammer trying to get my credit ard info?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PimpMa - There is nothing more bothersome than having telemarketrs call your phone.  I have arrived to help you avoid these types of calls. Call the National Do Not Call List from your device at 1-888-382-1222 to register. The other option is to get the number and call customer service to add the number to the block list. You can block up to 5 numbers.
JacobVZWVVV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes