Why are iphones so bad on wifi
Vindell66

We constantly  have problems  finding and staying  on available networks. we have 5 iphones and 4 ipads.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why are iphones so bad on wifi
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you by any chance have Wifi Assist activated on your devices? That may be the problem...if the wireless signal is stronger than the wifi signals. Checked with multiple iPhone users that I know and none are having issues with their devices staying connected either. You can call Apple (assuming you're still under warranty) or visit an Apple Store to get them to help you troubleshoot but the usuals you can do on your own to save yourself the trouble (if they fix the issue). Make sure wifi assist is off. Make sure your iOS is up to date on all devices. Check your wifi router. If you're out in public the issue can exist if the free wifi is being used by a lot of people at once. Restore your devices to see if that helps. Apple will have you do these things anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It may be your particular setup or devices. I don't have any problems with any of our 4 iPhones or 3 iPads finding or staying connected to wifi connections. Have you eliminated any possible issues on your end?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Not in my experience.  We have 6 iOS devices and they are rock solid on wifi.  Time to look at another variable, like your wifi router.  How old is it? When was the last time you updated the firmware? 

Vindell66

The problem  is  not limited  to our home.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you try experiment with the case off? 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you by any chance have Wifi Assist activated on your devices? That may be the problem...if the wireless signal is stronger than the wifi signals. Checked with multiple iPhone users that I know and none are having issues with their devices staying connected either. You can call Apple (assuming you're still under warranty) or visit an Apple Store to get them to help you troubleshoot but the usuals you can do on your own to save yourself the trouble (if they fix the issue). Make sure wifi assist is off. Make sure your iOS is up to date on all devices. Check your wifi router. If you're out in public the issue can exist if the free wifi is being used by a lot of people at once. Restore your devices to see if that helps. Apple will have you do these things anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vindell66,

Help is here! We want to make sure that we get all of your Apple devices to stay connected to wifi.

I thank kaebfly & Weth for their suggestions, as they are very helpful.

Let’s work together to get your devices to stay connected to wifi without trouble. When did this problem start to happen? Do all of the devices have the most updated software? Also, please make sure that the wifi assist is turned off. If the wifi assist is turned on & the wifi signal is weaker than the 4G data signal, the wifi will drop to use our data connection. To check this, please go to Settings, Cellular & all the way at the bottom is wifi assist.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes