Why are my iphone contracts different?
KARKRA66

I purchased an iphone 6 in February and it is not working properly. According to my contract I still owe $430 and cannot upgrade. However I purchased another iphone 6 2 weeks later for my daughter and that phone can be traded in with a payoff of $150. How can these 2 contracts be so different. I didn't trade anything in on either one and didn't do or purchase anything different. I think I got scammed on the first deal by a representative that didn't know what she was doing. Of course the one that I cannot buy out is the broken one. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone contracts
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

KARKRA66 wrote:

One I can upgrade for $150 and the other isn't eligible for upgrade unless purchased for $430.

You said can upgrade your daughter's for $150 WITH A TRADE IN, meaning you have to turn her phone in WITH the $150 to upgrade.  The amount will probably be higher if her phone is not perfect - and if it is broken, with $0 trade in value, the buyout would be the same as yours.  That's all I'm saying.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prices and promos change frequently.  You said your (broken) phone has a buyout of $430, and your daughters "can be traded in with a payoff of $150".  That's assuming hers is in pristine condition.  If hers was also broken, it's likely very close to the same pay off yours is.

You CAN buy yours out, and then get another on a device payment plan.  But you can't start another payment plan till the first one is completed, either by monthly payments or paying the balance in full.

0 Likes
KARKRA66

The buyout amounts have nothing to do with a phone being broken. I'm just stating that I purchased 2 of the exact same phone 2 weeks apart. One I can upgrade for $150 and the other isn't eligible for upgrade unless purchased for $430. Sort of ridiculous that these 2 agreements are so different. The one that I have to purchase is the one not working properly. When taken to the store for service, they tried to sell me another iphone 7 at $36 a month, but I still have to pay the $430. It's just all a big racket. I wouldn't recommend Verizon to anyone, but I'm stuck here now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KARKRA66-

As our valued customer, you deserve a clear answer on your upgrade eligibility concern. I would like to take a look into this further. Please respond to my Private Message to better assist.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

KARKRA66 wrote:

One I can upgrade for $150 and the other isn't eligible for upgrade unless purchased for $430.

You said can upgrade your daughter's for $150 WITH A TRADE IN, meaning you have to turn her phone in WITH the $150 to upgrade.  The amount will probably be higher if her phone is not perfect - and if it is broken, with $0 trade in value, the buyout would be the same as yours.  That's all I'm saying.

0 Likes