Why are texts from unknown senders not put in the separate list - i have "filter unknown senders" ON?
JANPEA18
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
Re: Why are texts from unknown senders not put in the separate list - i have "filter unknown senders" ON?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JANPEA18, 

The Filter Unknown Senders is an awesome feature to have on the iPhone. This particular option filters only iMessages from people who are not in your contact list. Are the messages that you're referring to coming in as iMessages or regular text messages? Has these feature ever worked on your iPhone 7?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why are texts from unknown senders not put in the separate list - i have "filter unknown senders" ON?
JANPEA18
Enthusiast - Level 1

ShawnteJ, thanks for the response. I turned on this filter after receiving two unsolicited text messages from unknown senders. After the filter was turned on, I received one more and it did NOT go into the separate list. All three texts had almost the same message (sexual content) but three different phone numbers and no sender name. None of those numbers are in my contact list. When I received the third message, I expected it to be in the separate list and since it wasn't, I wondered if there is something else I was supposed to do so it would work as stated. ? Can you advise please?

After reading other posts on this site about unwanted messages from unknown senders, I decided not to forward them to your spam number and instead turned off Send Read Receipts, then deleted the text messages. My idea was to avoid giving the unknown sender any hint that it was received/read by me, in the hopes that my number would be dropped from their phishing efforts. ? Opinions on this ?

Thank you

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the prompt response, Janpea18. Thank you for the detailed information. We certainly want you to be able to prevent these messages from being received to your device. You can find additional information on filtering options and block numbers using this link. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229 You can also contact the manufacturer for further details and issues with this feature. We also offer options to block these numbers and block spam messages. You can find additional information on the services we provide using this link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/block-unblock-services-faqs/#how-to-block I hope this is beneficial.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reynoldsmkatie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. I have been receiving constant group text messages from @vzwpix.com domain email addresses, with about 20 other emails in the group text. They wake me up in the middle of the night and I'm at my wit's end. If I open the message in order to forward it to 7226 as spam, it seems like I get them even more frequently as it appears "read" to the sender. I have filtered unknown senders, blocked text messages from the vzwpix.com domain and all email addresses, and sent many of these texts to 7226, but they have not slowed down.

Please, Verizon, can you at the very least include all group text messages (including ones where every participant is indeed on my Contact List) to the "Unknown Senders" filter, so I at least am not alerted with a sound notification every time I get one? I do not want to turn my sound off at night in case of actual emergency texts from my friends, family or work, but as someone who has trouble falling and staying asleep in the first place, getting constantly woken up by these spam group texts is taking a toll on my quality of life.

milljm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, and many sites/instructions simply state how to block the offender _after_ they have offended you. -I'd like to prevent from being punched in the face before I open the front door. If I don't recognize, I don't open. We need this same ability on our phones.

The robo-callers have this amazing ability to become many different numbers. Making it impossible to perma-block.

What I wouldn't give to block SMS texts by +content+. FOR FREE, since all an SMS Text is, are emails. And we all have the ability to filter email by content in our favorite email tool.

I realize this is feature which needs to exist on our devices provided by Android/iOS etc... Not the service provider/carrier themselves. Just venting.

Re: Why are texts from unknown senders not put in the separate list - i have "filter unknown senders
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

milljm,

I can certainly understand where the concerns is coming from regarding all the spoofing and robotic activity going on with messaging and even calls these days. You're also spot on when it comes to being beyond the carrier's control. This is an industry-wide concern. For even more information on spoofing, here is a great resource: http://spr.ly/6601G6Pxf. You can even file a complaint with the FCC regarding these matters. Here is a link to file a complaint, if you wish to proceed this route: http://spr.ly/6602G6PxA.

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes