Why can't I activate an iPhone 4s?
sandman756

I purchased a used iPhone 4s from eBay which appears to be in great condition, but I have had no luck activating it over the phone I have tried tech support twice, and one very frustrating trip to the Verizon store. Nobody thus far has been able to tell me what the issue is.  I need this phone to work till I can make it to my upgrade in may. I just found out it was a month to month phone and I have a contract plan. It is my understanding after reading here in the forums this could be the issue. Just wondering if anyone has found a way to get around this? Any help is appreciated thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Having problems activating iphone 4s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandman756,

Sorry to hear about trouble activating your phone. We know it's important to have a working device. We'll be happy to see if this is something we can make happen for you. When you tried activating it online, did you receive a specific error message telling you it couldn't be activated because it's a prepaid phone?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sandman756

No it just repeatedly says call failed. We have tried 3 times with tech support and one trip to the store. I guess at this point I am very frustrated and will just return it to seller. According to seller it was a fully functioning phone when he had it on Verizon in California.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandman756,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the phone not wanting to dial out. We want you to be able to use the phone if at all possible. Were you able to cmplete the call to *228 to do the initial programming?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sandman756

Initially it would not even get to the *228, would continually hang up. I was finally able to get it to the *228. It said programming was successful yet phone still would not work. Thanks for the response. I will be returning the phone to the seller. I have wasted too much time already on this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandman756,

I know your time is valuable and want you to be confident in your phone purchase.  Let's take an additional steps in effort to get your phone activated. Our next best step is to complete a full factory restore on your phone and activate on Wi-Fi.  Click on the link for steps on how to complete. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-47616/
YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @FiWSupport
If my response answered your question pleahttplicwwwhverizonwirelesser" button under my response. This YareliM VZWers can benefit from ouVZWSupporttion. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes