Why can't I update to ios 10?
goodaudley

It says it is up to date already. I took off a bunch of stuff to free up storage.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone won't update to ios10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you giving the update a try, goodaudley. Kaebfly has a great suggestion to try to update using iTunes if it’s not updating properly after all those other great steps. There’s a really helpful guide at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-updates/#update-your-iphone-to-the-latest-software-... for alternate methods to update your phone to iOS10.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

What iPhone do you have? And what iOS shows under settings? If it says it's up to date the assumption would be that it's already updated to iOS 10 or you have an older iPhone that is not eligible for iOS 10. If neither is the case you may have to contact Apple Support to try and figure out what's going on.

0 Likes
goodaudley

Iphone 6 and it says it is updated to 9.3.5

0 Likes
goodaudley

Iphone 6

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried connecting it to your computer and trying to update Via iTunes? Make sure you have the most current iTunes on your computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you giving the update a try, goodaudley. Kaebfly has a great suggestion to try to update using iTunes if it’s not updating properly after all those other great steps. There’s a really helpful guide at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/iphone-6-updates/#update-your-iphone-to-the-latest-software-... for alternate methods to update your phone to iOS10.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes