Why can't i reactivate my iPhone 6 on my current plan?
volgirl4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Last year I signed a contract and got an iPhone 6. The charging port messed up so I activated my old iPhone 4 until I could get to a Verizon or Apple store. We live about an hour and a half away so it's not just right down the street. Got my phone fixed yesterday at an Apple Store and tried to reactivate my 6 and not verizon says I can't unless I change my $30 data plan to a $70 plan. Says the phone isn't compatible with my current plan but funny thing it was compatible last year when I signed the contract.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't i reactivate my iPhone 6 on my current plan?
Snn5
Legend

It is compatible.  IDK who told you that, but you can activate the phone by going into My Verizon and doing so under My Device or you can call Verizon or even Live Chat.

Weth
Legend

Since I phone 4 does not use a SIM card and the iPhone 6 does, I think that is what is confusing the rep (it shouldn't).  You may need to get a new SIM card if your current one in the 6 has been deactivated. But, absolutely, you don't need to change your plan.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This sounds like a very strange situation. I want to investigate this further for you. While I cannot send you a private message in the forums now, you can follow us and then I will be able to reach out to you & send you a private message. http://spr.ly/6582BJZcs

Just let me know when you're ready
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
volgirl4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, I have followed you.  thank you

0 Likes
volgirl4
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did that and first tried to select the option "i have a sim card" and then tried selecting "need a new sim card".  Both said that the phone isn't compatible with my current plan for that contract and that I needed to change it to $70 plan.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Well, the rep and computer are at least, both consistently wrong.

volgirl4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you able to help with my issue?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you not gone to a corporate store to get a free SIM for your newer iPhone yet?  Even if you don't need a new SIM, going to a store sounds like the best way for you to get activated at this point.  No plan change needed since you are going from one smartphone to another smartphone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

volgirl4,

We definitely want to figure this out so you can get back to using your new device. Changing devices should definitely not require you to change your plan if you're simply switching between two smartphones. To clarify, are you aware of the current plan that you are on as well as the name of the plan that is being shown as required? Can you please share the exact message that you are receiving?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes