Why does my 4G Iphone 6 show 3G in the display?
CaChill

Why does my 4G Iphone 6 show 3G in the display?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my 4G Iphone 6 show 3G in the display?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CaChill!

I want you to get those 4G speeds on your new device! Let me ask you some questions so we can get to the bottom of this for you. What zip code are you located in? Did the device show 4G at all since receiving it? Is this a new issue or something ongoing?
For starters, please power the device off/on, since a 4G device will always search for a 4G signal first.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CaChill

80134 is my zip. I just activated my new phone last night. My previous phone was 3G. I powered off/on and display still shows 3G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details CaChill!

I've checked the zip code and it does show that this area is included in our 4G coverage. Has your 4G iPhone ever picked up 4G?
I'd also like to pinpoint the location, as I do see some areas of extended coverage. Are you able to provide me with 2 cross streets in the area?

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
CaChill

Is has not picked up 4G since I activated it last night. Jordan/Bluegrass Cir.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks again CaChill!

I was able to verify that the cross streets you provided are indeed within 4G coverage. Please try these steps:

Settings-->Cellular-->Enable LTE--> choose Voice and Data.

Let me know how that goes, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Lean1202
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been experiencing the same problem. I'm switched to Verizon because i was made to believe that service is good. But my data fluctuates to lte, 3g and even 1x. It's getting frustrating now. Followed your steps but no success.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be frustrating Lean1202. Let's check your area. What zip are you in? Do others also experiencing this same issue?

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
Lean1202
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most of the time I'm in the area 91776/91010/91803. I dont know if others are experiencing the same issue. I just thought that it shouldnt because i dont remember having issues with Tmobile. One question, shouldnt it be Lte>4g>3g>1x and so on? Never saw my iphone  6 displaying 4g signal like my 5s did with tmobile if there's no lte.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lean1202,

Thank you for the details. I do show that the areas provided do seem to have network opportunities. Do you only have service issues outside of these areas? Do you have issues indoors and out? Any issues with voice or text?

LindseyT_VZW

0 Likes