Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why does my iPhone 6 Plus keep restarting?
kaebfly
Leader

After 10 months with my iPhone 6 Plus I've had my first issue occur. It keeps randomly rebooting on it's own. I noticed it last night when it happened once but I didn't worry too much. This afternoon though it went into this odd loop where it just kept cycling back to the Apple screen. I was eventually able to get it to stop but a few minutes later it did it again. When I thought I had it back to normal it did it again while I was attempting to make a phone call. I will contact Apple when I get to a landline phone but has anyone else experienced this? I am still on ios 9.0.1 because I wanted to avoid any of the issues others have complained about until they were ironed out. No recent changes to the device. No new app downloads. Has been working perfectly fine until now.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: iPhone 6 Plus keeps restarting
kaebfly
Leader

I've already contacted Apple and they will be sending me a replacement device.Thank you. I was more interested in if anyone else was experiencing this but it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone on here at least. I'm marking this as the correct answer only because it was me contacting Apple that resolved (hopefully) my particular issue. No answer as to why this was occurring or what can fix it other than having a replacement device provided.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kaebfly - Having a properly working device is paramount. We’re here to help. Your concerns are definitely correct as the rebooting of your iPhone is definitely not normal behavior. Issues such as this tend to worsen over time as it often signals a corruption in the iOS. As one of our awesome community forum contributors,  I’m sure you’re backing up your device via iCloud or iTunes. I’d definitely recommend a device restore and then setting up your iPhone as a new device before restoring your content to ensure you clear your device of that corruption:  http://apple.co/1Oeh28C

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

I did this as soon as I got to my computer. About an hour later it happens again. I'm curious if this has happened to others. The mentions I could find on the Apple Support forums seem to be a bit different than my issue or seem to be something that happened immediately after an iOS update so I'm a bit puzzled on why it suddenly happened for me. I can 99% rule out any water damage (I say this only because there is always an off chance no matter how careful you are).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Getting your phone to stop rebooting is our top priority, kaebfly. We’re still on the case. To clarify, you’ve restored your phone via iTunes and it’s still rebooting, correct? Had it been updated to the newest software as of this restore?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

No it has not been updated to iOS 9.2. I will do it today when I have the time to let it complete since it can take awhile. If after that it still restarts in a loop I'll contact Apple to see what the next step is.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Software updates can make things run more smoothly, kaebfly. We do recommend completing that step, as it can help. If you still have any issues after that update, we typically recommend a full recovery via iTunes. Please keep us posted.

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

I've done both a full restore via iTunes and have updated the iOS. Less than 5 mins after completion it went in to the restart loop so whatever is going on here isn't the iOS. I did not restore my backup. I set my device as a new device and that did not help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let’s get your device out of the loop, kaebfly. We’re still with you. As it looks like this issue is hardware driven, we need to check out device replacement. As your profile is set to private, please reach out to us over the phone at 800-922-0204, option 3 for tech support, or via live chat by going to your online account, clicking on contact us, then chat.

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes
kaebfly
Leader

I've already contacted Apple and they will be sending me a replacement device.Thank you. I was more interested in if anyone else was experiencing this but it doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone on here at least. I'm marking this as the correct answer only because it was me contacting Apple that resolved (hopefully) my particular issue. No answer as to why this was occurring or what can fix it other than having a replacement device provided.

0 Likes