Why has data usage increased exponentially out of the blue?
aquamarine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing new at all, but data usage skyrocketing to unaffordable levels -- from 6G to 10G in a few days?? Really? Verizon customer service completely unhelpful, but as they stand to profit, why would they help me with this? I suspect they're doing it on the sly, actually.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: Why has data usage increased exponentially out of the blue?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to make sure you have the best data plan to meet your needs and that you can monitor your data usage as easily as possible aquamarine. Please be assured we bill with accuracy and integrity at all times. What model iPhone do you have? Did you recently upgrade the devices? When did your usage start to increase?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
aquamarine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry, I don't believe you anymore. You people have lied to me too many times. Stop playing your fake question game. Your stupid bogus questions have nothing to do with anything and you know it. I've filed complaints with the FCC, my state AG office and I'm pursuing the possibility of a lawsuit because you and I both know this is a dirty, deceitful, thieving game you are playing.

0 Likes
aquamarine
Enthusiast - Level 3

And now ANOTHER 2Gs of data supposedly used AFTER SHE DELETED EVERY SINGLE APP AND TURNED OFF CELLULAR DATA.

This is absolute and utter deceit and dishonesty and thievery. Absolutely disgusting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh goodness, aquamarine. I can see how this can not only be baffling, but also upsetting. At this time, there are no apps on the device? Which device is she using?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aquamarine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Stop (removed) me with (removed) questions. You're stealing from us. I've

already contacted a laywer and filed complaints with the appropriate

agencies.

I'm done with you (removed)

Edited as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
jb426

I'm with ya aqua.  They are deceitful, play games and talk in circles.  They are not forth right and make things difficult to understand.  I recently added a basic phone to our family plan, somehow my plan changed even though all I did was add a phone.  I had unlimited texting before, ended up with a $112 bill for texting.  Called, they said I changed my plan, not sure how I did that.  They changed it back but said I have to pay for the texting.  All I wanted was to add a basic phone to my plan.  Somehow I lost my unlimited texting on all lines, even though I didn't touch any other options on any phones except the one I ordered

0 Likes
jb426

at the management level, yes.  The people I talked to were very nice and seemed to actually care and understand.  It didn't take long  for them to see the problem.  Everytime I called they could see what happened, they then contacted their supervisor before I even asked to speak with one.  That's where the problem is, the supervisor refigured but said they would only waive half.

0 Likes
aquamarine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really? The (removed) I spoke to pretended to be different

people by using fake voices and then laughing with his (removed) friends

because I was so upset -- after TWO WEEKS of getting the run around and

even just today ANOTHER G of data was supposedly used by a phone that has

all cellular data turned off.

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

Your response/actions are correct - be sure to document EVERYTHING.

This is my last day with VZ after 27 years... but I watched the degradation, price increases as the cost of PROVIDING the services dropped.

I am getting EVERYTHING for $25 and after 5 weeks of testing, love my new provider.

Airplane mode terminates data consumption over cell. Wifi ONLY on uses your wifi connection ONLY.

Good luck and goodbye

0 Likes