Why is my device in black and white?
Lisajras

I was on my phone last night and suddenly everything was black and white. I checked in my settings and the grey scale is not on.  I've been through the settings like 4 times and nothing.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Black and white
Weth
Legend

Saw this on the Apple forum, could this be the problem?

Just yesterday and for no apparent reason my screen went black/white. I tried all the suggestions in this thread-short of going to a Genius Bar or backup/restore- to no avail.

By fumbling around I lucked into a solution.

I triple tapped the home button and un-checked the "zoom" option and color returned.

For whatever reason- I'm assuming a bug- toggling the "zoom" option changes the screen from b/w to color (Zoom on=b/w; Zoom off=color).

Interestingly, turning on/off the Zoom in settings>general>accessibility>Zoom (under the "vision" heading) does the same thing.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Black and white
Weth
Legend

Saw this on the Apple forum, could this be the problem?

Just yesterday and for no apparent reason my screen went black/white. I tried all the suggestions in this thread-short of going to a Genius Bar or backup/restore- to no avail.

By fumbling around I lucked into a solution.

I triple tapped the home button and un-checked the "zoom" option and color returned.

For whatever reason- I'm assuming a bug- toggling the "zoom" option changes the screen from b/w to color (Zoom on=b/w; Zoom off=color).

Interestingly, turning on/off the Zoom in settings>general>accessibility>Zoom (under the "vision" heading) does the same thing.

0 Likes