Why is my iPhone 6S experiencing terrible phone service/reception?
RMBradley

My wife and I both have iPhone 6S phones and experience terrible phone service/reception at our home in La Grange, IL (60525) and outside of Buchanan, MI (49107).  I previously had much better service thru AT&T but changed to a new phone and moved to Verizon.  Phone calls from inside either house commonly experience drop outs and cellular internet connections are very intermittent at best.  Our house in MI does not have internet service and we rely on our phones to stay connected, but not that we have lost t eh AT&T service we have almost no service at all.

What can we do to rectify this poor service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my iPhone 6S experiencing terrible phone service/reception?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@RMBradley

It’s important to me that you’re able to maintain a reliable network connection with your mobile devices.  I’d love to assist.

How is service outdoors at these locations?  Do you have a case or cover on your iPhones?  If so, please remove the case and let me know if service improves on your device.  Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RMBradley

The reception does not improve after removing the case from either iPhone 6s.  Reception is slightly better outside vs inside the house in La Grange.  Buchanan Mi shows little improvement when outside.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RMBradley,

Thanks for giving that a shot. We definitely want to figure out what may be going on. These areas do show coverage with no current alerts or other reports. We do offer in home solutions that would assist with indoor coverage called network extenders. You can find more details about that device here http://vz.to/1rkB3jf.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to consider a passive cellular amplifier. There are a number of brands sold online which can accomplish this task, since you don't have broadband service at home (I wouldn't consider the Verizon extenders either - they only do 3G which is a bit lackluster). These work by installing an antenna outdoors to pick up a signal from a nearby tower, and then using coaxial cable to run to the amplifier which then repeats the signal from the tower.

You'll want to pay a little extra for the Amplifiers which support the 4G LTE network. This allows your phones to work properly, otherwise they will latch onto the weak 4G signal until that becomes too weak. It will also allow these phones to use Voice and Data at the same time while using Advanced Calling - important if you plan to use your phone's Hotspot while taking calls.

0 Likes