Why is my iphone 5c receiving texts from some people but not others?
kat007

Why is my iphone 5c receiving texts from some people but not others. I have shut my phone down and restarted it and still the same. I haven't blocked anyone either. Please help!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my iphone 5c receiving texts from some people but not others?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets take a closer look into the issue. Was a factory reset completed before activating the device on your line? Whose account is listed under Settings > Messages > iMessage > Apple I.D ?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
adamg_vzw
Verizon Employee

Kat007,

The rescue team is here!  When did this issue begin? Is your phone
connected to wifi? Happening with specific numbers or contacts? Share details.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
Melnatmama

Kat007, I am having the same problem! I have an iPhone 4 though. I had one person text me several times during the week and I didn't get one single text. And today I've received some texts from people while a text from my Mom of all people didn't come through!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melnatmama We're sorry oyu're having texting issues. What texting application are you using? How long has texting been a problem for you?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Melnatmama

This is an email my Mom received after I had re-logged into my icloud account on the phone.

Your Apple ID (removed) was used to sign in to iMessage on an iPhone 4 named “Jens phone”.

Date and Time:  February 7, 2015, 3:31 PM PST

If the information above looks familiar, you can disregard this email.

If you have not recently signed in to an iPhone with your Apple ID and believe someone may have accessed your account, go to My Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com) and change your password as soon as possible.

So even though I logged in as me with my information, it is still showing her logged on.

>> Personal information removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
Melnatmama

Just this week it has been a problem. One person that I know of has not been able to have her text messages come through to me. They don't show as bounced or undelivered, yet I never have received them. And just today I had at least two people say that they had texted me, with the same result - no delivery.

I should mention that I am using my mother's old iPhone 4. I had turned of the iMessage setting last week (or so) and have only just turned it back on. I noticed that my mother's icloud ID and info was showing up on the phone as the contact, instead of mine. As it turns out, she has been receiving some of the text messages meant for MY phone number. And now that I have turn the iMessage back on and re-logged in with my icloud information, she is now received double messages and seeing what I text to other people.

I hope I answered your questions and provided some insight.

Jennifer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets take a closer look into the issue. Was a factory reset completed before activating the device on your line? Whose account is listed under Settings > Messages > iMessage > Apple I.D ?

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
Melnatmama

No it wasn't but I was JUST thinking that I really should have done that and should do it now. Would that solve the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's quite possible, Melnatmama! Please give it a try, and let us know if that takes care of it.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Melnatmama

YES it did! Thank you!

0 Likes