Why isn't my voicemail transcription working on my iPhone 7 Plus?
JUSSHO65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why isn't my voicemail transcription working on my new iPhone 7 Plus?  I asked the chat team and they said I had to subscribe to premium voicemail to text for $2.99 a month?  That is absurd!  This is a feature that should be available since it was from Apple.  Thoughts?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail Transcription iPhone 7 Plus
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

JUSSHO65-

It is important that you have the best Voicemail option for your needs. The iPhone comes with Visual Voicemail which is a free service provided by Apple. Voicemail to text is a service provided by us for $2.99 a month. While it is optional, you may add this service from your My Verizon app. To learn more about this great feature Voicemail to Text for iPhone FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Carment_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

It's not absurd. It's 2.99

Also, all carrier may not choose to allow that feature to work.

Have you made sure the software update is up to date on your phone? If it is try a hard reset and wipe your phone and start all over. Keep in mind you need to back up your phone first.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You do not need the $2.99 transcribe plan for your iPhone.  This transcription is handled by Apple for free independent of Verizon.  Don't set up or pay the $2.99 Verizon transcribe service.  Go through Appk support or go to Apple store to get the transcription problem fixed.  There are no real settings, it just works most of the time. 

carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

JUSSHO65-

It is important that you have the best Voicemail option for your needs. The iPhone comes with Visual Voicemail which is a free service provided by Apple. Voicemail to text is a service provided by us for $2.99 a month. While it is optional, you may add this service from your My Verizon app. To learn more about this great feature Voicemail to Text for iPhone FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Carment_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes