Why would my iPad Air 2 make a popping noise?
Nonya4u

EEver so often my iPad Air 2 makes a popping noise. I had one that after it made the noise I took it to Apple and they said it was the speaker and they exchanged it. The exchange did not pop until the following day so I took it back to Apple and they said there was nothing they could or would do. Does anyone have any ideas?

IPad Air 2 4,5 64 GB DECEMBER BUILD

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why would my iPad Air 2 make a popping noise?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Nonya4u!

I want your device to work properly, with no popping sounds at all! Let's check some things out! Is the popping sound the same volume all the time, no matter what your volume is set to? Do you notice any sort of pattern with this sound? For example, is it happening when in a certain application or performing a specific task?

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

I'd definitely make sure that they're documenting your encounter so if something happens down the line then you're covered...or at least have documentation of incidents.  But being as though the iPad 2 is fairly new, you still have a good amount of warranty left on it.  Did you invest in AppleCare?

0 Likes
Nonya4u

Yes and no regarding does it happen when I open an app or the. keyboard popping up. It is very intermittent as far as the popping goes sometimes it will go all day with out popping and others it will pop almost every time the keyboard comes up or I am scrolling. It happens even on mute. The sound stays pretty consistent. I notice it most when it has been setting idle for a long period of time and then I will check my email and when I respond to an email as the keyboard pops up it makes that noise. I have also heard as I was reading The news. It is really frustrating because my spouses iPad Air 2 does not make a popping or cracking sound at all. I am going to exchange it for another in hopes these two were a fluke. What bothered me the most is how Apple managed the situation. I just bought it seven days ago and the day I took it out of the box it popped as I was setting it up. I took it straight to Apple and they replaced it. Then when I get home I am reading my email and the keyboard comes up and it made the cracking sound almost like static discharge.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you've only had this unit for 7 days I'd just take it back and tell them I want a completely new one.  If they don't want to...then just give it back completely, take your money and buy another unit somewhere else...