Wifi calling
Sjwirth
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are their any plans to offer wifi calling to Verizon soon. Since we moved our service is poor. Phone calls are dropped constantly, if it actually rings in, we have to go outside to take calls and with winter coming that won't be fun, plus we still drop calls outside. our mifi is basically a dust collecter, this is the worse service I have ever experienced. We are only 7 miles from a tower so you would think we would get service   I have had to add an app to make calls over WiFi but that doesn't help with incoming calls. I hear that it is not a priority to add for Verizon because of voice quality, so it makes me wonder as a customer am I not a priority?  And would a poor quality voice call be better than no call at all?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi calling
Weth
Legend

Yup, first step, but a good one

more details here

wifi calling is here - sort of

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There are no immediate plans to offer WiFi calling on the Verizon Network.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should read all of the other threads from others who have asked your same exact question.

Google Voice Number. Get Hangouts Dialer and forward your calls to the GV Number before entering into the house.

Or there is always a network extender from VZW.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I like to use WhatsApp, but not because I have poor service. I make phone calls overseas.

0 Likes
Verizon_Customer_Nort
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same question. Last year Verizon stated that they would have wifi calling available in mid 2015, then later adjusted that to August 2015. It is now August 2015....

The apps are not sufficient for what I need, since I need to be able to receive calls from folks who are merely calling my cell phone. I am trying to use my cell phone as an office phone (home office), and have my office located in a steel building. I have tried third party signal boosters to accommodate this, but this is spotty at best (sometimes works, sometimes does not work). The line about "we have the best 4G out there" does not help me, since it cannot reach into my office.

I have patiently waited for this, and now the date that Verizon has promised for wifi calling is here. When this month will it be rolled out? If this gets kicked down the road (again) I may have to seriously consider buying my contract out and going with another provider with wifi calling, since this service is not sufficient for my needs at this point.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon.Customer.North wrote:

When this month will it be rolled out?

It isn't going to be rolled out anytime soon.

0 Likes
Verizon_Customer_Nort
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK...two questions:

1. What has changed since last year when Verizon announced that wifi calling would be rolled out in mid year (later August) 2015?

2. Is there any anticipated date for rollout?

Hopefully Verizon understands that they are going to lose some customers over this. Maybe it is not enough to hit their "radar screen".

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon.Customer.North wrote:

OK...two questions:

1. What has changed since last year when Verizon announced that wifi calling would be rolled out in mid year (later August) 2015?

The rumor that was started last year is still a rumor this year.  It was never confirmed as a probable or guaranteed network feature.  Verizon believes its network to be strong enough without the need for alternative workarounds.  It would seem Verizon would rather strengthen its network via mini-cells (reference San Fran) rather than have to re-update old and new phones, have fragmentation of features and create an advertising campaign based around a feature that essentially fills in the holes in its coverage.

2. Is there any anticipated date for rollout?

There is no anticipated rollout until Verizon believes it is in their best interest to do so.

Hopefully Verizon understands that they are going to lose some customers over this. Maybe it is not enough to hit their "radar screen".

Verizon will lose nill percentage of overall customer base due to lack of WiFi-calling.

Verizon_Customer_Nort
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the prompt response. I will check my options and let folks know what I find out.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I thought if you used Google Voice (or some type of Google app) for Wi-Fi calling all that happened was people called your phone number, it gets routed through the Google app and then rings on your phone over Wi-Fi. Why is it that something like that won't work?

0 Likes