Re: Wifi calling
Hoodoo68

I should rephrase it and say with her plan it cost nothing

0 Likes
Hoodoo68

I assume that for most Verizon customers and Wi-Fi calling wouldn't be enough reason to switch to T-Mobile. Maybe AT&T

0 Likes
Sjwirth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will be going to AT&T, if nothing improves,  I pay allot of money for phones that you can't make or receive calls on consistently, it's sad that I have to pay extra for an app just to make phone calls with how much I already pay. But still incoming calls I have to run outside.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Google Voice is free, domestically at least.

0 Likes
Hoodoo68

Wifi calling is about being able to place and receive calls on your phone if there is wifi...anywhere in the world. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yep, that's right.

0 Likes
dws51

I have the same issue. If the new Apple phone is out and we still don't have it then it is off to T-Mobile.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

if the FCC would move along, both ATT and Verizon would have it already.

ATT applied last fall, and is still waiting.

0 Likes
namor11

I have discussed the matter of wifi calling with VZW several times, they are clueless.  I have issues with dropped calls in PA, where the area has "variable" coverage in their lingo.  I have these issues in my daughter's house in FL - which is specific to the house - that is how hurricane protective houses built in FL.  So I think VZW has plenty of issues there.  I refused the offer of an extender, as even with a discounted price it would be $175 - that is considering I have 5(!) lines on my account.

The best solution I found so far is MagicJack.  Their app is far from perfect, BUT the most important thing is that I receive and make wifi calls in both locations with no issues.  The only problem is that I have to use a different number. I will explore forwarding and that may become THE solution.

I think that wifi calling will inevitably come to all carriers, including VZW.  The fact that they are taking a lot of time to make it happen is a mistake, whether it is their own choice or the regulators.  Because in this day of age, winning in technology is winning in business.  All carriers are getting better, and the competition is becoming more and more fierce.  I do not think that the claim of "the best network" now is as obvious as in the past, and wifi calling may become as critical as to keep clients.  They may lose my five lines for one.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Except that the competition will always be there and thousands, if not millions, of people switch carriers every day. For whatever the reason this is not going to change. It isn't really about retention. There is not one network that is going to satisfy all customers and that is what makes people switch. You'll get wifi calling whenever you get it from VZW. T-Mobile has it available.