Wifi keeps disconnecting
iPhoneUser11

My 6 keeps dropping my wifi and I have to kee entering in the wifi password in order to reconnect. It won't remember the network nor stay connected. I've tried changing channels on my router, forgetting the netowork and resetting the network, I've entered the wifi in on my phone manually. Nothing seems to work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi keeps disconnecting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
iPhoneUser11,

That definitely isn't the sort of experience you should have with the iPhone! Let's make sure we figure this out and keep your connection consistent. Does the same thing happen with multiple wi-fi connections or is it just this one wi-fi network? Are any other phones able to connect to this wi-fi? How long has this been going on?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
iPhoneUser11

I haven't had to connect with any other wifi network, so as far as I know it's just with this one network. Yes there are two other phones connected to the same network along with a tablet and laptop. It's been going on since I bought the phone almost 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
iPhoneUser11

Thank you so much for that additional detail! Let's keep working on this to make sure we get it resolved. What Software are you running on your device http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-6-update/ ? Would you be able to try connecting to another Wifi Network to make sure this is not an issue?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
iPhoneUser11

I'm running on iOS 8.3. I'm connected to my home wifi network. There's no other network for me to try to connect to.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Reboot your router by pulling the plug on it.

0 Likes
iPhoneUser11

Tried it multiple times. Made no difference Smiley Sad

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

OK. I see you have tried changing the channel on your router too, and forgetting and reconnecting.

Try connecting to someone else's router.

Go to a corporate store and show them the behavior.

You may need a new unit. Did it have the previous iOS version on it and worked OK? Maybe it needs a reset (not sure how that is done on an Apple). Sorry I couldn't suggest something easy that helped.

0 Likes
iPhoneUser11

I have. I've even called our wifi network provider and they don't understand what's going on. Guess that's my next step.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes