Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Will I lose my voice mails when I activate my 6s Iphone?
masandell

We recently purchased a 6s Iphone.  We want to activate it but are afraid that we will lose precious saved voice mails on our iphone 4.  Should we be concerned?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will I lose my voice mails when I activate my 6s Iphone?
Salisbury

The only thing I can tell you is from my own experience. I activated a brand new iPhone 6s plus 128GB on January 1, 2016, so 5 days ago. I had been using a Droid Maxx. When the new iPhone was activated I had 4 voicemails that were saved from Aug. 2015, they remained intact.

When I click on the iPhone icon for phone at the bottom there are 5 menu options. Favorites, Recents, Contacts, Keypad, and Voicemail. When clicking on voicemail one they'll play as if you're playing a song. In that you'll click to play and you can stop and start and it will show the duration. That was kind of neat I thought.

That's how it worked for me. I'm not sure whether they were backed up during the phone change over or were saved by Verizon in there mobile system. But they were there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You can be confident that your precious voicemails are safe Michael. Just make sure to a backup on your current phone via iCloud or iTunes https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977 your voicemails will be there when you activate your new phone.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LDsay

It depends on which phone you are coming from. If your previous phone is NOT an iPhone, then you will not have them available through your iPhone's voicemail. Verizon typically saves your original voicemail messages for 30 days so you will be able to go through options to save them to an MP3, etc. You will want to talk to a representative about that. It does cost money and it is through a company separate from Verizon.

However, if your current phone IS an iPhone, then yes, your voicemails should carry over through your Apple ID.

Best of luck to you!

0 Likes