Will Verizon support the eSIM on the new Apple phones?
cciadmin55

With the new Apple iPhones recently announced, they all provide dual SIM capability through a physical SIM and an eSIM. Will Verizon be accessible through the eSIM?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon support the eSIM on the new Apple phones?
mama23dogs
Legend

Apple will not activate the eSim out of the box, but with a future software update.  So if you ordered a phone, it will be activated with a removable sim. 

0 Likes
cciadmin55

Problem is my Canadian provider does not support the eSIM either. Is there any timing for when the future software update is scheduled?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

That is entirely up to Apple, not the carriers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to provide you with accurate information. At this time there isn't an available time for when the update will be scheduled. Also to answer your original question Verizon will support the esim feature. We would recommend using this link to look out for updates. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/  

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzwarlington
Enthusiast - Level 3

iOS 12.1.1 is now out, which reportedly has fixes for the trouble with Verizon as a secondary carrier on the iPhone XS and XS Max.

When will Verizon support eSIM for current customers?  How does an existing post-paid customer switch an existing line to an eSIM?

0 Likes
bretta_vzw
Verizon Employee

I am an iPhone user myself and I am very excited to see that iOS 12.1.1 is now released by Apple, vzwarlington. Sadly, we still do not have information on when Dual Sim technology will be made available on Verizon Wireless iPhone Xs and iPhone X Max devices. However, you can visit our website for more information on it when it is released. Once it is released, we will be more than happy to assist you with any questions you have on activating eSims.

BrettA_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes