Work Email Setup, IPhone 6s
jsesipes

I work for a county government office.  Our email goes through an exchange server.  I have worked to set up the mail client through my Iphone 6S but I only get the "Cannot get mail.  The connection to the server failed." message.  I have set up coworkers phones for them and they work fine.  I even went to our IT director who deleted and reinstalled the account setttings on my phone to no avail. 

I am trying the community as a last ditch effort.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Work Email Setup, IPhone 6s
joeld_vzw
Verizon Employee
@Jsesipes This sounds like a corporate email. I'm curious when you went to your internal IT department what did they say? Has this ever worked on your device before?

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jsesipes

We deleted the set up I had put in and he attempted to re-enter based off what he uses.  Still no luck.  I am not sure if its a corporate account or not.  Is there a way to find that?  We are a small county government, so I assume its certainly possible. 

Until my responsibilities in the office changed recently, I had never wanted direct access through my phone so I had never tried to set up it up, instead I use a webmail client. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. There is a chance that your iPhone 6s is not compatible with the email service you are trying to use. We want to make sure you are able to get this done. Do you have any issues setting up a different email account?

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!  

0 Likes
jsesipes

I hadn't ever tried a different account, however I was able to setup my GMAIL without any trouble at all today.  The inbox loaded almost instantly. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jsesipes, we want this resolved ASAP for you.  Based upon the fact that you are having no issues setting up other emails, it appears that the email/email set up/email settings itself are likely causing the issue.  This can be caused by a number of things such as account security, not being compatible with your device, etc.  Are you coworkers able to set up their email accounts on the same type of phones (iPhone 6S)?  We would recommend continuing to contact your coworkers to see how they were able to set up their emails as well.  Please keep us updated as we want to do everything we can to assist but may have limitations due to it being a non-public secure work email.  Thank you for you patience.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jsesipes

Yes, my coworkers, including my IT Director, can set up their work accounts on various Iphone models including the 6S.  Are there specific settings I can ask for them to check? 

I want to be clear.  When I enter the exchange information into the mail settings, the phone gives me little green check marks on all categories and says its completed.  When I go to the Inbox however, its empty.  Forcing it to check manually results in an error message:

Cannot Get Mail

The connection to the server failed

0 Likes