after porting number to Vz, only Vz text messages send or recieve
drwpppppppp

I ported my number on 12/24 from ATT to Vz.  Most of my messaging is with iMessage, which has worked fine.  Vz data, phone, and voicemail appears to work no problem. 

Today after texting a non-Vz, non-iPhone i found out my SMS aren't going out or coming in over SMS to non Vz netwrok.  I then tried to SMS android phones on ATT, TMobile, and MetroPCS.  Nothing gets delivered on either side.   Vz SMS make it through to me. 

I have heard its possible that an incomplete port could have occurred.  When I called Vz, they had difficulty locating the port in the account (i ported my number, and joined my wife's plan who was already on Vz),

The Vz operator verified the IMEI and ICCID on my phone, and they said everything checked out, and that the issue wasn't on their end.

Can Vz re-initiate the port?  Is it possible that ATT hasn't released the texting portion of my plan?  Its been over 10 days and other services work.

drew

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: after porting number to Vz, only Vz text messages send or recieve
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely concerning drwpppppppp,

Im sorry that this has happened. It most definitely sounds concerning that your text messaging isn't working. I am assuming you have an iPhone. What model iPhone do you have? Are you able to receive messages from other carriers? Please share. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes