Re: apple watch series 3 won't activate cellular
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dannos20082008, we want to make sure that we can get your Apple Watch up and running with no issues. Have you been having problems with getting it activated? Or was it activated and now it's not connecting to the cellular network? Are you getting any errors on your watch? Please provide me with some details.  

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ryankumar

kevinw_vzw

I am having same exact issues how can we get this resolved? My apple watch was activated and was working fine except that it won't display caller id when phone is not in range. I ended up resetting it and now I can't get cellular option activated. Its a business account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We regret hearing that you’re also having issues with Apple watch, Ryankumar. It sounds like your watch was activated and working correctly, but it is now having issues. What happens when you attempt to activate the cellular service on the watch? Any specific error messages?
Also, we wanted to set the correct expectations that we don’t have access to business accounts in these community forums. Contacting our business support group might be the quickest avenue for support. They can be reached at 888-922-0204 and then enter the mobile number associated with your business account to be connected.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Ryankumar

@JosephE_VZW

When I try to activate it says Incompatible plan. The weird thing is it was all working until last weekend. I am pretty sure something is broken at VZW side. I have a network ticket  open  (NRB [removed] ) May be you can provide the status.

Ticket number removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
RAISING4DAUGHTERS

I am having the same issue.  Have spent over 7 hours with both apple and Verizon on the phone and several hours in store.  Store convinced me it was the watch, went to the store, and apple exchanged it for me.  New watch doing the same thing.  I couldnt get past the connecting to cellular, restart phone in 30 minutes and if it isnt connected try again"  This morning, I got to the point that it actually took my emergency info and now verizon shows as my carrier, and that I have it on the plan (although it showed up with the first try, just never validated it).  Still no LTE.  Still no eSIM card showing. 

I have talked to so many people at Verizon and sent to the CORE team for help, then sent back to tech, only to start again.  I understand that they have to troubleshoot.  Please dont ask if I have the AW LTE version or not.  Read my ticket.  Yes I have WIFI off, yes, yes, and yes!!!!!!!!  Yes, I've erased all my settings on my phone and watch and restarted over and over again.

If you are aware of the problem verizon, stop wasting everyones time.  Just say, we cant fix it now.

0 Likes
Ruthjanette

I struggled on phone with Verizon AND Apple for 8 hours to get my 3 to activate. It only works if you are in LTE area. I live in the boondocks. mine would activate to where I had a white cell indicator. Solution was  I had to drive to LTE

area, turn phone and watch off and then both back on and it works fabulous now!! My son’s watch had the same problem and this trick fixed his too!

0 Likes
Ruthjanette

I struggled on phone with Verizon AND Apple for 8 hours to get my 3 to activate. Turns out only works smoothly  if you are in an LTE area. I live in the boondocks. Mine would activate to where I had a white cell indicator but I could not place calls without the iPhone. Solution was  I had to drive to LTE

area, turn phone and watch off and then both back on and it works fabulous now!! My son’s watch had the same problem and this trick fixed his too!  Too bad Verizon reps don’t tell you this, they swapped out my watch and the new one did the same thing.

The watch works perfectly in areas of great reception. Logically its cellular receiver isn’t as strong as a real phone.

0 Likes
GARSCA85

On Amazon a Series 3 Watch seller, DA&T Tech says:  "This Apple Watch is completely unlocked and will work on any network (except Verizon). Most Verizon stores will only activate devices bought from them. Check with your local Verizon rep if you intend on using their service. Apple Watch Series 3 42mm (GPS + Cellular) requires an iPhone 6 or later with iOS 11 or later. Apple Watch and iPhone service provider must be the same".

0 Likes
KRICOB45

I am having the same issue! Have reset both my phone and the watch multiple times, been on the phone with Verizon and Apple. Each one blaming the other. Still no fix, been waiting a week.

0 Likes
Imola_ZHP

Image-1.jpg

Same here...

Verizon says the watch is locked to a provider.  I confirmed with the seller (purchased on eBay) that it was purchased at an apple store.  They were very happy and quick to offer me one for $50 off of a new watch, but quick to say this one will not work with Verizon...

Very unhappy, this was a birthday gift for a user on the 6th of June.  It is now the 22nd and it still does not work on its own.

0 Likes