are voicemail messages saved when changing to a new phone
SLOCAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm considering upgrading my Apple 5S to an Apple 6S plus. Will my voicemail messages be saved when I transfer them to the new phone?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: are voicemail messages saved when changing to a new phone
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Voicemails follow the number. If you activate a new phone, the new phone will pick up on these voicemails since they are stored on Verizon's servers. Only voicemails you have saved on the phone itself, as audio files, will not do this. These would nee to be restored through an iCloud or iTunes Backup and Restore.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Voicemails follow the number. If you activate a new phone, the new phone will pick up on these voicemails since they are stored on Verizon's servers. Only voicemails you have saved on the phone itself, as audio files, will not do this. These would nee to be restored through an iCloud or iTunes Backup and Restore.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, SLOCAL. I know how important it is to keep your messages. Just to verify, do yo have our Visual Voicemail service on your phone? This will allow you to Save a Copy or Archive any messages that are needed. http://vz.to/1CTVAjc
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

SLOCAL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the information.

0 Likes