call waiting
jordanche

I have been receiving an unprecedented number of unwanted marketing calls lately.  Part of the reason I switched entirely to my cell phone was to avoid marketing calls on my landline, so I am very angry about this, especially because my number is on the do not call registry. Every time I receive a call from one of these 800 555 numbers I now block the number, but they just keep using new ones. This morning I had a phone interview and the call waiting kept interrupting with beeps so I couldn't hear the interviewer's questions. I went online later to find out how to disable call waiting and found that Verizon is unique compared to other carriers in not providing a disabling function except on a case by case basis with *70. That's too much to do every time I want to make an important call on my phone.  So this comment is to Verizon to please provide the option to not have call waiting (we used to have to pay extra for it so now it's this annoying mandatory "service" that I don't want).  Judging by the number of people who have asked online for this option, I am far from the only person who would like this.  Even better would be if Verizon would provide an option to sound a loud, annoying alarm in the ear of telemarketers when they call my [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] phone.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: call waiting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never like to hear that a valuable customer is receiving unwanted calls, jordanche. Typically, the best option is to simply ask the telemarketers to please remove you from their calling list. Since we do not monitor our customers calls, we have no way to determine which calls are not wanted. We do have an option to remove your Call Forwarding feature completely, however any calls while you are on a call already will hear a busy signal. Please contact us by dialing *611 from your phone and we can help make that change for you.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jordanche

As I said, Steven, call waiting is the problem. I think that call forwarding is irrelevant. If the call waiting can be removed I would like that. It would be fine with me if the waiting caller heard a busy signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jordanche,

We hear you loud and clear and definitely want your phone to work the way you need it. Call Waiting is indeed a feature that can be removed. We'd be happy to help with that change. Please give us a call at 800-922-0204 and we can get started.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RoyBatty

Why can't this be managed through the Verizon app or web site?

0 Likes