can't view new emails on new phone
kdinger

On my new iPhone 6S, in my Yahoo and other mails, It says I have no mail, but on my iMac I have tons.

I don't know if the phone is set up wrong, but I could have sworn when I got it a couple of weeks ago,

it was showing all my emails. Also what is the difference in "push" and "fetch"?

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't view new emails on new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kdinger,

I hope you are enjoying your new phone. I understand how important emails can be.

Honestly, for Yahoo, I personally prefer the Yahoo Mail App from the App store. You can still send and receive, as well as receive email notifications.

As for the settings, Push is a time internal setting where the server pushes data to your device. Fetch is used when Push is set to off, and also determines how often your device syncs with the server.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kdinger

So is it better to have the phone on Push rather than fetch to save data usage?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kdinger,

Great question. I love how you are thinking.
It’s all about preference. Personally I have it set up to fetch then for the time interval, it’s set up to manually. I find it saves me on my battery instead of my device constantly looking for an email that may or may not be there. Additionally, it also uses up more data when not connected to WiFi each time the phone looks for an email.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes