cannot activate apple watch 3 LTE
read3389

My apple watch 3 was purchased from t-mobile, and I had a cellular plan for the watch. I switched from T-mobile to Verizon unlimited plan a few days ago. However, my apple watch 3 cannot be activated by verizon. I have talked to customer service on the phone and in the store. Everytime they try to add my watch to the network, they get error saying the the device is not found. Basically the IMEI # of apple watch is not in the database of Verizon system. On Verizon representative says since it is purchased from T-mobile, it can not be used on Verizon network. But according to Apple, the watch is never locked. I am currently using iphone X with Verizon, so the watch and the iphone will be on the same network.

I also called T-mobile and ask if they locked the watch. They say it is unlocked. The IMEI number of the apple may not be in database of Verizon. So Verizon can not add the watch. I called apple and Verizon many times, did not get the problem solved. It is quite frustrating. The T-mobile engineer suggest that Verizon should try entering a dummy IMEI # for the watch, and use the real EID of the watch. This may work.

Anyone knows how to solve the activation issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes