connecting to new towers in Chicago
JuliaC

My daughter's Iphone 4 is dying quickly, like losing 1% of battery life every minute.  She moved to Chicago from California.  Isn't there a way to tell the phone to work off Chicago's wireless network?  Would that make the battery last longer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: connecting to new towers in Chicago
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JuliaC, I understand your concern regarding your daughters phone. It is just a coincidence with her moving to Chicago and the battery troubles. We certainly can troubleshoot the issue with her directly as I can imagine it will be hard with you communicating in the middle of it all. Please have her contact us whenever she can. To learn how please visit http://vz.to/1HI8BiJ

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: connecting to new towers in Chicago
Snn5
Legend

I believe that you can try to dial *228 since that is a 3G phone.  That will update the PRL or Personal Roaming Locator and that should help.  Her phone will use the closest Verizon tower, as the origin of service, or address she was at when service began won't affect which tower she uses.

0 Likes