Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
data roaming not working in Colombia
TCat39

My iPhone 6 has Verizon service with international roaming for voice and data. It will work with Tigo and claro in Colombia, but will not work with movistar.

Other friends have iPhone 6 here and theirs work. But mine doesn't. Have been online with Verizon, reset phone several times, they have reset connections several times, but I still can't see emails or connect to data here. Odd thing is that prior to this phone I had an iPhone 5s on the same plan and it would connect to data. The only difference is the iPhone 6.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Labels (1)
Re: data roaming not working in Colombia
TCat39

Any updates on this issue? My iPhone 6 with Verizon international service still wont work with movistar. Really, really disappointed in it and in Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
TCat39

Disappointment is not what we aim for, we want you to be happy with your phone and the services. It is important to do what you would like to do with the phone especially when you are traveling. When using Movistar are you getting an error message? Are you using an application or going through the browser? Any other trouble using any other services while in Columbia? Please let us know.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
TCat39

My iPhone 6 does not work with movistar in Colombia. No Data, intermittent phone service. Data and phone work with Tigo and Claro.

I changed from an iPhone 5S to the 6. The 5S worked. Same plan, same area, the only thing that changed is the phone.

Really disappointed in this situation. I don't depend on my Verizon iPhone 6 here.

0 Likes
Terilg

Having same issue in Mexico with iPhone 6s. Help Verizon!  I bought a travel pass for this.

0 Likes