data usage
SUNDANCE6008

how do I figure out why my iphone using large amounts of data during the middle of the night (when not in use) and while connected to wifi?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data usage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SUNDANCE6008, we want to figure this out, together. It takes our billing system up to 48 hours for all data usage to post to your wireless account. As a result, the data details for your line will post your account at various times. However, is Wi-Fi Assist enabled on in the Settings of your device? With Wi-Fi Assist, you can stay connected to the Internet even if you have a poor Wi-Fi connection. For example, if you're using Safari with a poor Wi-Fi connection and a webpage doesn't load, Wi-Fi Assist will activate and automatically switch to cellular so that the webpage continues to load. You can use Wi-Fi Assist with most apps like Safari, Apple Music, Mail, Maps, and more. Wi-Fi Assist is on by default. If you don't want your iOS device to stay connected to the Internet when you have a poor Wi-Fi connection, you can disable Wi-Fi Assist. Go to Settings > Cellular. Then scroll down and tap the slider for Wi-Fi Assist.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes