Re: daughter has iphone 5c which stopped allowing her to use her data when the new month started. anyone else have this happen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The main purpose of a smart phone is to access data when connected to our Network, JC125. I do apologize you are having issues doing so. When did this start for you? Have you been able to access the internet when not on WiFi in the past? What zip code are you in? Are you able to make and receive calls/text?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: daughter has iphone 5c which stopped allowing her to use her data when the new month started.  anyone else have this happen
JC125
Enthusiast - Level 1

All this started when I changed my device two days ago, but staying on the same plan/number. I was able to access internet when not on WIFI.  Zip 94903.  I was able to make/receive calls and text.

RESOLUTION:

I called Verizon customer support and had my data network reset, which worked for me.  I think by switching my device it jacked up the system because even though I was only mid-month thru my plan I was told I had no data left (but I never use all the 1G per month).  I bought 500MB bridge data which still didn't resolve the issue.  The next morning I tried to use cell data but got a note that my plan has expired so I put in another month's payment, thinking maybe now my cell data will work.  Nope.  So that is when I called cust support (they have a different number for prepaid customers) and the lady reset my data network.  I then powered off and back on... now I can use the internet using cell data.  I am hoping this will last.  Resetting the data network solved my original problem, but doesn't explain why my plan timed out early.  I lost about $25 but its not worth fighting for. 

0 Likes