Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
device swap - "we are unable to find the details in our system for this device" error
tras

I'm trying to swap phones with someone on my account using the Swap Devices page in My Verizon, but after I click on the two phones to swap, I get an error message saying "we are unable to find the details in our system for this device."  The two phones I'm trying to swap are a 2018 iPhone XR with an existing line and a new iPhone 12 Pro with a new line that I activated yesterday.  Any idea what's wrong?

Re: device swap - "we are unable to find the details in our system for this device" error
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tras, we are truly sorry to hear that you are having some trouble with this swap. Moving those phones around is absolutely something we can assist with. Please respond to our private message. LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!    

0 Likes
Re: device swap - "we are unable to find the details in our system for this device" error
tras

Hi, thanks for the response, but I didn't see it right away and I think the link to authenticate expired.  Please send another one.  Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

No problem, tras! We'll send it to you via Private Note.

0 Likes
dp40

Getting the same error. What was the solution?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I have read the thread and need to gain access to your account to assist you. Can  you please send us a Private Message, so we can continue? 

0 Likes
jushanno

I'm getting the same message. Can someon assist?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Help is here, jushanno! To clarify, are you looking to switch the IMEI numbers for your device? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
Erin35

So the only answer is that we have to call in?  That makes no sense

Sperry1937

Have the same problem with 2 pixel 5s

0 Likes