dropped calls
CHAPAS68

My wife's iphone kept dropping calls . Verizon changed the phone. STILL kept dropping calls.  I switched the sim cards with my phone, and so far they both seem to work.  Any idea what is going on?  (problem: we have each others numbers)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: dropped calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chapas68,

I can certainly see where this would be inconvenient and not something you would want to happen. Based upon what you've told me here, it doesn't sound like this was a device issue all along, but maybe rather a SIM card issue and how it is interacting with the network. We can always replace the SIM card for you at no cost. May I ask, what you mean by you have each other's numbers?

Erin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHAPAS68

I chatted with Verizon techie and am receiving a new sim tomorrow. What I meant was that since I switched the sim cards (mine and my wifes) we kept getting each other’s calls. Thank you, charles

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHAPAS68, Thanks for the update and clearing up the details for us regarding phone calls. I can imagine how getting these calls can be confusing. If both you and your Wife are getting each other's calls, it's because you swapped your active SIM card into the other iPhone but the SIM card is still only registered to your line. Please be sure to keep us posted on any changes with dropped calls and your new SIM card.

Alan_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
XX222

When I got a new phone, an LGV30, from Verizon about 8 or 9 months ago for the first time i started getting constant dropped calls. Verizon replaced the phone and it worked good for months and then started doing it again. They changed the sim card. No improvement. They gave me a third LGV30. No improvement.  I have spent many many hours on the phone with verizon tech support and supervisors. Finally they gave me a different phone, a Samsung s8 plus. It is still dropping calls, and now it seems plain that the problem all along has been Verizon and not the phones! This happens in zip code 85704 (Tucson) and surrounding regions.

0 Likes