frozen at startup
monicar1000
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I have an iPhone 5 and tried to upgrade the OS. During the upgrade it froze. Now it is stuck on the Apple logo and won't boot. HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: frozen at startup
monicar1000
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. There was no "correct answer" button to be found

2. This was not the correct answer anyway; I spent many hours looking at stuff online trying to figure it out and finally went to the apple store, where i waited another four hours. they had to restore the phone, which meant i lost all my data that hadn't been backed up. NO CLUE as to why it happened.

Here's how they did the restore, in case anyone reading this is facing the same problem: Connect the phone to a computer running iTunes and open iTunes. You will get a message saying "phone detected" and asking whether you want to restore it from the computer or from iCloud. click on your selection between these two and wait...and wait...and eventually your phone will be functioning again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
monicar1000,

Yikes, this isn't what we would expect to happen! Let's get this phone unstuck. Please try to force the phone to reset using these steps http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-64529/
SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
monicar1000
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. There was no "correct answer" button to be found

2. This was not the correct answer anyway; I spent many hours looking at stuff online trying to figure it out and finally went to the apple store, where i waited another four hours. they had to restore the phone, which meant i lost all my data that hadn't been backed up. NO CLUE as to why it happened.

Here's how they did the restore, in case anyone reading this is facing the same problem: Connect the phone to a computer running iTunes and open iTunes. You will get a message saying "phone detected" and asking whether you want to restore it from the computer or from iCloud. click on your selection between these two and wait...and wait...and eventually your phone will be functioning again.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If I had seen this earlier I could have directed you to the same instructions on the Apple Support pages. A lot of the questions/problems asked on here relating to the iPhone are often answered via Apple's Support website (or at least offers troubleshooting that can help you avoid visiting the Apple Store until all else has failed to work). Glad you were able to get this taken care of though

0 Likes