Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: help
Weth
Legend

Some tips:

-Make sure you connect to wifi whenever you can.
-Delay doing things until you are on wifi

-Go to Settings / Cellular and scroll down the list - see which apps are using the most data. Turn off cellular data for the apps that you do not want or need using cellular data with the switch

-Also go to Settings / General / Background App Refresh and turn off the switch to any app you do not need updating in the background

-In any music streaming or video streaming service, go into that apps setting and change it to not use cellular data OR at least make a setting change so you do not use HD video or high resolution audio when using the app. These are either in the app settings themselves, or in Settings / scroll down to you see the app

I am sure others will chime in with other ideas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@hookuptelecom@verizon.net

We would be happy to help you with how to lower your data usage. What type of phone is this? Have you checked out our data utilization tool on my verion http://vz.to/1KWuQ6P to see how your data is being used?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Some tips:

-Make sure you connect to wifi whenever you can.
-Delay doing things until you are on wifi

-Go to Settings / Cellular and scroll down the list - see which apps are using the most data. Turn off cellular data for the apps that you do not want or need using cellular data with the switch

-Also go to Settings / General / Background App Refresh and turn off the switch to any app you do not need updating in the background

-In any music streaming or video streaming service, go into that apps setting and change it to not use cellular data OR at least make a setting change so you do not use HD video or high resolution audio when using the app. These are either in the app settings themselves, or in Settings / scroll down to you see the app

I am sure others will chime in with other ideas.

0 Likes
Okheregoes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon offers a service called Family Base.  It's free for 30 days, and then $4.99 a month.  It allows you to put "parental" controls on services - including data.

0 Likes

Was on the phone with a representative trying to activate a phone got disconnected cannot use the phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to assist you with your activation. We strongly urge you to remove your post with your personal number from this public community forum. Here is a link with the steps to activate your device on your My Verizon: https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-activate-device-video/ .

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
I want to change my phone
premkuma253

I want change my phone and want to see what are my best option .i'm looking for iphone 12 pro 128

0 Likes
Re: I want to change my phone
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
Re: I want to change my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. Getting a new device is exciting and we are here to assist you. The iPhone 12 Pro is a good device. Here is a link for you with all the available information including current offers, features and specs: https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-12-pro/. We will stand by. -Albert_VZW

0 Likes