high data usage iphone 6
dockan12
Enthusiast - Level 1

we just upgraded 2 phones to iphone 6 from i4 and i4s, in october this year. before update neither phone used more than 2 gb data per month. now i have one phone that used 4 gb october billing. couldn't explain usage. same phone this month was below 2 gb of usage til the last day of billing cycle in the evening it spiked over 3 gb of usage over the 2gb that we pay for.how economically convenient for verizon...absolutely absurd. now the other phone is using data higher than normal at its current rate of usage, it will use over 6gb this month. all settings are set to use wi-fi, cloud is off, all apps are set to wi-fi only, itunes updates shut off, and on and on and on...blah, blah, blah...

this type of data use is being reported all over internet forums, with apple, att, verizon, and others. no one seems to have a grasp on this.....but we are all being charged for excessive data usage.  the carriers have to be making millions off this. wonder if the attorney generals office would be interested, can't hurt to call them to see.

what i know is i can not afford to be paying for this every month with no explanation, been on the phone, the internet and did all the settings and stuff recommended.  anyone know what to do?   what i do know is i will not upgrade any other phones until this is fixed.

so angry i would loved to tape the phones to the front of my car and return them thru verizons front door.but i won't.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: high data usage iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that unexplained data usage can be frustrating, dockan12! Let's see if we can figure this out. Please go to Settings>Cellular, and review apps to see which are showing the highest usage.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that unexplained data usage can be frustrating, dockan12! Let's see if we can figure this out. Please go to Settings>Cellular, and review apps to see which are showing the highest usage.

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
dockan12
Enthusiast - Level 1

using same apps, that were being used on ios7 with previous phones(i4 and i4s). so the only thing that has changed is --

1- iphone 6

2- ios8

with that info you should be able to tell me the truth as to  why apps set to run wi-fi only would need to be seen to see which one is using data?

why the same apps that used less then 2gb before, are now supposedly using 5gb.

so what is really blowing up data is it the ios 8 programming, is it the communications  protocols,

i know this is a wide spread issue and i also know someone knows the answers to this, either apple and or the carriers, \my guess is both.

Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, I am having a similar issue with my wife's iPhone 5c 8GB. But I have not used any of our share data allowance since 26 October, 2014, with my Droid MAXX 16GB.

0 Likes