how do i activate an existing verizon line on a new sim card?
Paul1420

I am trying to move my son's phone number from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5s - the sim cards are different sizes so you can't just move them.

Apparently there is no phone support for Verizon after 8 pm so I'm coming up empty on the web support.  any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i activate an existing verizon line on a new sim card?
Snn5
Legend

The iPhone 4 SIM is not for use in the same manner as it is only used for GSM-overseas use.  You'll have to call Verizon or go to My Verizon to activate the phone on the line.  Normally you could dial *228, but since the phone is not associated with the line yet, you have to enter in the phone's IMEI/ESN numbers.  Verizon tech support is 24/7 as far as i have ever experienced...for postpaid customers anyway.

0 Likes
SeattleLisa

You are correct.  I have been a long time Verizon customer (and used to work there) and they have ALWAYS have 24x7 service.  It appears they no longer offer this.  I am bummed... I was looking to move a line to a new SIM as well 😞

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The iPhone 4 didn't have a SIM card. It is a 3G EDVO only smartphone and wasn't global ready like the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4S had the Vodafone SIM card for international use only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SeattleLisa - We want you to be able to activate your devices with ease. I'm here to help. You can activate a device online here:  http://vz.to/1KRa4VF. Since the 4s SIMs do not require activation unless traveling outside of the country, please ensure you have acquired the correct SIM card for the 5s, which can be obtained for free at any of our corporate stores:  http://vz.to/1bYc0fx

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes