how do i load my settings to an iphone 6 FROM an iphone 4? BTW my iPhone4 IOS cannot be upgraded past 5.1 Ergo cannot load Cloud app on it!
caballoloco
Enthusiast - Level 2

@

BTW my iPhone4 IOS cannot be upgraded past 5.1

Ergo cannot load Cloud app on it!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i load my settings to an iphone 6 FROM an iphone 4? BTW my iPhone4 IOS cannot be upgraded past 5.1 Ergo cannot load Cloud app on it!
Tidbits
Legend

Use computer and install iTunes. Once you have done that plug in your iPhone 4 and backup everything and then when you get your new device plug it into the computer and restore from backup.

Re: how do i load my settings to an iphone 6 FROM an iphone 4? BTW my iPhone4 IOS cannot be upgraded past 5.1 Ergo cannot load Cloud app on it!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Caballoloco-

I have the same device and I must admit it has been my favorite phone.  I want to make sure you're able to get the most out of your phone.  What settings are you attempting to load on your iPhone 6?  Is there something in particular you are searching for?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mama23dogs
Legend

Backing up to a computer then restore to the new phone.  Because of the difference in iOS you may have to start many things from scratch. 

YOur new phone is more than just larger.  It is faster and uses more data.  You need to adjust the settings in your phone to keep it from using more data than you want. 

One of the first is wifi assist - you probably want to turn it off. 

0 Likes
caballoloco
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Tidbits and EmmaM_VZW.  You have both been very helpful  And btw I like 4 too. just the right size for my hand and pocket.

mama23dogs
Legend

MY eyes and fingers sure do like a bigger phone though.....

0 Likes
caballoloco
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess the Madelinin things would be how do I transfer my Email settings

(I have 4 email accounts on my iPhone). Will I have to setthese up all

over again on my new IOhone (6)? Or can I transfer them?

And what aboutmy Bookmarks in Safari? Can I transfer those?

Thank you

On Sun, Jan 3, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The prices of backing up and restoring with your computer will put all your information on the new phon.

Your Safari content will be there.  It is included with any Apple device you signin on.

You will need to sign in to your email and Facebook accounts on the new device, even if your restore saved all your information. This is a security feature.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

ITunes backup will backup almost everything s long as you turn it on.