how do i retrieve a deleted text form my iphone 5c?
taz27

how do i retrieve a deleted text from my Iphone 5c?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i retrieve a deleted text form my iphone 5c?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello taz27. Being able to retrieve a text would definitely come in handy! If you deleted a text, unfortunately there is no way to be able to go back and retrieve them from the Messages app. If the text was backed up through a previous backup via iTunes or iCloud, you can retrieve it that way.

Also, if you use Verizon Messages, and the message was sent as a regular SMS using your standard Messages app, it can be backed up there for retrieval.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you want to delete the entire thread of text messages then open Messages and tap Edit at the top left.  Doing so will put small circles next to each text thread...select the thread you want to delete by tapping the circle.  Once you tap the circle there will be an option on the bottom right of the screen that says Delete...select it and the entire thread will delete.  If you want to delete a specific message within a thread...tap on the threaded message.  Press and hold on the specific message you want to delete.  You will see an option pop up that says Copy & More.  Select More  and this will create those same circles next to each text within the thread.  Select the text you want to delete and on your bottom left you'll see a trash can icon.  Tap the trash can icon and Delete Message will appear.  Tap on it and that specific text will be deleted.

I hope this isn't too confusing and answers your question.  Good luck!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello taz27. Being able to retrieve a text would definitely come in handy! If you deleted a text, unfortunately there is no way to be able to go back and retrieve them from the Messages app. If the text was backed up through a previous backup via iTunes or iCloud, you can retrieve it that way.

Also, if you use Verizon Messages, and the message was sent as a regular SMS using your standard Messages app, it can be backed up there for retrieval.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes