i have a iphone 5 and just updated to ios 8 now i have extended lte where it use to say verizon lte
jp4canes

i have a iphone 5 and just updated to ios 8 now i have extended lte where it use to say verizon lte

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: i have a iphone 5 and just updated to ios 8 now i have extended lte where it use to say verizon lte
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jp4canes I can see why you would be concerned with the service now showing extended. Let's gather more details. What is the zip code where you are using the device? How is the data on the device working, overall?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: i have a iphone 5 and just updated to ios 8 now i have extended lte where it use to say verizon lte
jp4canes

Zip 27106, data seems to be ok.......someone says it maybe because I have an alltel plan but my other phones aren't doing it

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jp4canes Thanks for the zip! We are showing this is a 4g lte area. You mentioned the data is working fine so that is a good sign. What does the 'extended' icon look like that you are referring to? Are the other phones on the account the same make and model? Are any services impacted by the recent change?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
jp4canes

It says extended lte instead of verizon lte in the top left hand corner of iphone. The 2 other iPhones are fine

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jp4canes

Thank you very much for responding.  We appreciate the information given.  That is normal to see on the phone after the newest software has been downloaded.  Are you experiencing any differences with the calls or data connection on your phone?

EmmaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ce_Le

This is being discussed in more detail, but without a solution, in another thread: https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/840295?tstart=0

I am having the same problem with my new iPhone 5s since I installed the current software 8.1.2 yesterday after activating the phone at a Verizon store in Tucson, AZ. My zip code is 84745.

So far I have no battery problems, but that's probably because I have cellular off except when I need it. I am usually on WiFi at home/work as my old 4s was one of the phones that, after an earlier software upgrade, chewed data up for no reason.

0 Likes
DeltaSig

I just upgraded last night from IOS 8.1.1 to 8.1.2 on my iPhone 5S.  Surprise, I am now locked in "Extended" also as others have reported.  Battery life also seems to be diminished.  Based on the length of this thread, it seems like it's far past time for a fix to be issued.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello there DeltaSig! I went straight to Apple and they have excellent tips for getting the most out of your battery life on your iPhone. Let me share that link with you here.

http://bit.ly/1CwOvSf

Give these a try and it should help! Please keep us posted. Thanks!

bryans_vzw
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Ce_Le

Re bryans_vzw and Verizon support: This is not a useful answer re the

extended problem.

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:29 AM, ArnettH_VZW <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes