i purchased i phone 6, my son had one. Verizon signed me in using the I tunes account we share at home. When my contacts synced all of my son's contacts synced into my phone. Verizon set me up with an I cloud account, and i went in
Rioaussie

I purchased an iphone 6 yesterday. Verizon set it up using our joint i tunes account. When my contacts were synced from my old phone, my son's contacts(who also has and I phone 6) came accross to my phone.  Verizon went in and set up and i cloud accoutn for me, i went in and deleted all of my son's contacts from my phone. Today i am getting all of his text messages on my phone,and he is getting them also.  HOw can we fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i purchased i phone 6, my son had one. Verizon signed me in using the I tunes account we share at home. When my contacts synced all of my son's contacts synced into my phone. Verizon set me up with an I cloud account, and i went in
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Go into settings and make sure his iCloud/Apple ID/phone number isn't selected under the FaceTime settings. He should also check his to make sure yours isn't selected. If they are then you will continue to receive each other's messages. When they set you up with your own iTunes/iCloud did you restore your device to factory so it would be set up using your Apple ID? It did they just add your Apple ID to your already set up device?

0 Likes
Re: i purchased i phone 6, my son had one. Verizon signed me in using the I tunes account we share at home. When my contacts synced all of my son's contacts synced into my phone. Verizon set me up with an I cloud account, and i went in
Rioaussie

in face time it shows his apple id and his phone number is checked and highlighted as the can be reached on face time  my number is checked as caller Id.  if i change this info to my info will that solve our problem?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

His number and Apple ID should not be chosen. Only yours or you will get his texts and FaceTime calls.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all your help kaebfly. Rioaussie, I want you to be able to get your information and not your son's. Have you tried removing the iCloud account and signing in with your own account to see if you are able to get your information back. Also you want to make sure you sign you son out from you device so you will not get his facetime and messages as kaebfly advised. Let me know if you are able to get your information.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes