iCloud restore
Llipsey

I am trying to restore my iCloud backup to my new 6 plus. It went all night and still says 30 hours remaining. I turned it off and restarted the process. Now it says 5 hours remaining, but keeps increasing the time every half hour or so. is this normal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iCloud restore
RANDYGIRL78

I am having the same issue! Why is Verizon not respn to this proble? Give us an answer Verizon!!!   

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That length of time isn't normal, but the backup size and wifi speed would affect it. If it was affecting multiple users at once it may have been due to a server issue at that time

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Plus, Verizon does NOT run the iCloud server. Apple does. Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or go to an Apple store for support.

Llipsey

I ended up backing up on computer and restoring from there. It took about 2 hours.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Llipsey, making sure all your information is successfully restored back onto your device is a must. Sorry to hear about how long it has been taking. That doesn't sound normal to me. Have you tried to restore the backup on a different WiFi network? How big is the backup you're trying to restore onto your iPhone? You have to make sure your backup isn't larger than the memory space on your phone.

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes