iMessage waiting for activation?
LStrick

My husband works offshore so he is in the Gulf of Mexico for 4 weeks. He has always had a iPhone so we were able to talk via iMessage by being connected to their wifi. He previously had AT&T as his provider and no problems the last two years. Recently, we added him to my Verizon account and upgraded to the iPhone 6. There has been no problems the last two months but all of a sudden two days ago his iMessage STOPPED working out of nowhere & says "waiting for activation" it asks for him to enter iCloud password & then says its "incorrect". However, the password is correct because we're able to log into iTunes & iCloud just not went it comes to iMessages. We have rebooted the phone, reset "network connections", reset all settings, signed in and out of Apple ID.. Even created a new Apple ID and password to see if that would fix the problem, and so much more. But NOTHING works. He has another 2 weeks out there. He obviously can't connect to cellular data since there is no service out there, just wifi.. But never ran into any problems before. PLEASE HELP!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iMessage waiting for activation?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your iMessages up and running! To make sure I have a better understanding, when did this start happening? Did his iMessage ever work? Did he just upgrade his software?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LStrick

Thanks for the response! His iMessage has always worked ever since he got his phone. He went to work two weeks ago, & it's worked fine out there using wifi, as always. Thursday it just stopped & when he goes to settings and then messages.. It says "waiting for activation" and prompts for iCloud password & then says its wrong, but it isn't. He has not updated anything either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this, LStrick. Has he received a verification email since this activation message appeared? Can you have him try going to Settings>Messages, and turn off iMessage and also disable Facetime. Once this has been done, turn on airplane mode. By default WiFi will turn off. Please have him turn WiFi back on and then go back to Messages and turn on iMessage. After these steps, have him turn airplane mode back off. Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes