iOS Widget won't update
jonfrei
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the Widget on my iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3, but it won't update until I tap it, which launches the MyVerizon app. Why does't it update on it's own? As it is, it's not much more than a useless bauble to clutter my screen with. Even if it launched with a "refreshing" message (and then actually did a refresh to get current stats) it would be more useful and less misleading than it is mow.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS Widget won't update
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Try going into setting to change it refresh or update rate, as it is now it's doing a refresh on startup only. However the more updates the harder hit on your battery life.

0 Likes
jonfrei
Enthusiast - Level 2

Under settings, My Verizon has "Background App Refresh", which is on, and no setting concerning a refresh interval. Verizon Cloud is the same. I don't see any settings available for the widget.

0 Likes
jonfrei
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found another thread that seems to imply that the automatic refresh was purposefully disabled. If that is so, it makes the widget absolutely useless to me. Verizon?

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Your Widget should have some form of settings or control but may be a fixed setting. I would uninstall and download again. If your not happy with this widget try another if possible. 

0 Likes