iPad: Service Already Active
tx984

I recently had to swap out my sim at a Verizon store on my iPad 3.  Now when I attempt to "view account" (from settings -> cellular data), instead of being prompted for my e-mail address and password, I am greeted with the message "Your device is already active on a subscription that cannot be managed on this device.  Please call customer service at 1-800-786-8419 if you have any questions."  I tried calling support and they don't seem to understand what the issue is.  I normally just use the pre-paid option and turn the service on as I need it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPad: Service Already Active
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tx984, we definitely want to ensure you're able to use your iPad without issue. It sounds like there may be a provisioning issue likely stemming from that SIM change. When changing the SIM or in the case you ever do a number change, it is best to Reprovision the account. This can be done under Settings>General>Reset>Subscriber Services>Reprovision Account. You won't really see anything occur but it happens on the back end. After you've selected the reprovision option a reset of the network settings is highly recommended and is located just above the Subscriber Services option. Please complete those steps and keep us posted with the outcome.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tx984

Performed the actions, no change in behavior.

IMG_0001.PNG

0 Likes
nolamapm

I am also having this problem.  I spent over 2 hours on the phone with two different representatives who couldn't seem to grasp the problem.  One stated the system was down and I would see my account when it was back up.  I have done nothing to my SIM card.  The "view account" arbitrarily disapeared this week when I attempted to log on to purchase.  My initial call to tech service informed me the account had been deleted (not by me, mind you).

i Have tried your solution and like the previous customer, it doesn't work.  What else do you have to offer?

0 Likes
Giverny1

My iPad isn't even cellular enabled and I'm getting the same message when I log in.

0 Likes