iPhone 12 mini Promotion not honored
fendy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the following text from Verizon on Dec 11, 2020.

VZ MSG: Amazing offer! Upgrade to iPhone 12 mini 64GB for $5/mo for 24 mos; 0% APR. Retail price: $699.99. With iPhone 4 or better trade-in and Unlimited plan. Click m.vzw.com/iPhone12mini (data charges may apply) or call 800.319.2482. Trade-in conditions and add'l terms apply. Limited-time offer. Reply "X" to stop msgs.

I then traded in two of the phones on my account to take advantage of this offer. The trade-ins were sent back to Verizon as required. However, Verizon has thus-far refused to honor the promotion. When I called about this in Jan I was assured that they hadn't had time to process the trade-ins and that I would be given the promotional price. When I called again after my Feb bill was also not showing the promotional price, Verizon didn't even acknowledge that such a promotion ever existed and they refused to let me speak to anyone with the means to fix this.

I'm trying to call them again and have been on hold for over an hour without reaching an operator.  This is highly frustrating.  I'm looking into switching to AT&T.  If anyone else has switched from Verizon to ATT, I would be interested in learning about your experience.

Re: iPhone 12 mini Promotion not honored
lf16

I have had the same experience, I had gotten through four times and verizon said do not worry. On the fifth time the denied the promotion existed for my account and refused to give me the credits due. 

They did give me some lessor credits.  I have spent 10 hours on something that I should not have and they did not honor their commitments. I too will switch once all my credit go thru. Very disappointing in corporate  creating issues with  good long time customers. I would never recommend doing business with verizon again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is never the experience we want anyone to have with us. We have information on this promotion in our systems. We would be happy to look into what is preventing you from getting this value. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here, or reach out to us online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. You can also reach us through our chat system on the contact us page at www.vzw.com. We look forward to working with you on this matter further. 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
morisky
Contributor - Level 1

I see you also got an offer with a phone number to call. Verizon always lies and says you the customer failed by not doing the offer online, when they gave you a phone number to call!

0 Likes
Jalajeff

I wish that I would have read this before I too fell for the Verizon iphone 12 Mini.  I got two new phones in December 2020 and they are still  charging me full price for a phone that I would not have bought if not for the promotion.  Numerous conversations have been had with Verizon to get this straightened out and the Reps are courteous and always say that it will be fixed in the next billing cycle but nothing changes.  Each call that I make is like a new conversation with the Rep in that they can't seem to find any record of previous conversations, actions, or receipts of my trade-in phones and do not go back to the previous audio records.  I also noticed that the Reps say that they are 'unable' to send me any records of that days conversation; nobody wants to make a commitment to honoring agreements.  Verizon's goal seems to be to placate me so I go away and eventually get so frustrated that I let it go.  Has anyone gotten this resolved?

I am frustrated by Verizon and am preparing to report them to the Attorney Generals office for fraud.

0 Likes
Verizon7734
Enthusiast - Level 2

As you can quickly see from reading through this forum, Verizon has a pattern of failing to honor their promotions and burdening their customers with unnecessary aggravation and frustration. Unfortunately, you will likely waste hours on useless customer service calls attempting to get this resolved so please make sure to file claims with FTC (reportfraud.ftc.gov) and FCC (consumercomplaints.fcc.gov). Also be sure to warn any colleagues, classmates, friends, and family members that may be considering Verizon.

MikeP4

We had the same thing happen.  Chatted with a rep before upgrading and was assured the promotion applied in our case and it would not change our plan so the upgrade cost for an Iphone mini would be $6.88 more per month and then they would not honor the program.  They made a small adjustment but our bill still went up over $20 / month.    Not impressed with Verizon and would have returned the phone except we could not get the trade in phone back.  We will file complaints with both the NYS attorney general's office and with the FCC later today. 

0 Likes
pity543

i tried to take advantage of this offer also and want to switch plans at the same time(to unlimited).

this was in a Verizon store. they tried and " the system" wouldn't allow it "because i was between billing cycles."  nonsense..... i will now be looking at other suppliers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you and will do all we can to help.  A private message has been sent to assist you further?

0 Likes
zeminglow

I am in the same position too, and have plenty of screenshots to back the claim, is there anything you can do? Thank you!

0 Likes