iPhone 4 to iPhone 5c
Amandamichigan

I have an iphone 4 that's pretty much on its last leg so I bought a 5c from a friend, when going to set it up it said 'no SIM card installed'. Well my 4 doesn't have a sim slot which means I don't have a SIM card obviously and I'm wondering do I have to go buy one or can I just enter the meid in the 'switch current device' section. Also I have verizon prepaid so I'm not sure if that changes anything.

I want to get a clear answer before I try to change the device then am stuck with a phone that doesn't work until I get a SIM card.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 4 to iPhone 5c
Weth
Legend

You need a SIM card.  Go to a Verizon corporate store and the will give you one free, plus set it up.  If you go to a Premium Retailer, they will likely charge for the SIM.  You can also call customer service and one will be sent for free. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 to iPhone 5c
Weth
Legend

You need a SIM card.  Go to a Verizon corporate store and the will give you one free, plus set it up.  If you go to a Premium Retailer, they will likely charge for the SIM.  You can also call customer service and one will be sent for free. 

0 Likes