iPhone 5 abailability
Smokykstar
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dropped my iPhone 5 (not s or c). Had protective glass but it still intact, iPhone glass broke underneath protective glass. Are there still any original iPhone 5 available?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5 abailability
Snn5
Legend

If you have insurance, you can find out here:  Mobile Protection Insurance - Technology Warranty Support | Asurion  If you do, then you pay the deductible and get a replacement iPhone 5.  If there are no more in stock, you might get a 5S.  There is no such thing as a free phone, remember that if you decide to sign up on a new 2 year contract with a 5S and pay $40 a month in access charges vs a device payment plan and $20 a month access fee. If you opt for any trade in offer, just know that your phone is not eligible to trade in.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

https://swappa.com/buy/apple-iphone-5-verizon

You won't find an iPhone 5 (not s or c) at Verizon anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no sorry to see this has happened to your phone. Do you have insurance on the device? If so, call Asurion and file a claim at 888-881-2622. The device can still be purchased directly through us if you do not have coverage. What gb do you have currently?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How does one buy a phone from Verizon that is not available from Verizon, at least one that is not available for purchase on the Verizon sales website?

Loquat
Master - Level 1

My thoughts exactly.  I haven't seen a new iP5 in a long time. And even if you could find one new...it'd probably cost more than it's worth.  I'd try eBay or some other place if I wanted just that particular model.

Snn5
Legend

$175 - 320

Swappa

0 Likes
Smokykstar
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will be going to the Verizon store tomorrow! Not sure if I have insurance but they can tell me. Also eligible for upgrade. They offer me free upgrade for 5s so assume 5 is free as well. Anyone know what the difference is between the 5s and the original 5? Don't want the 6 cuz it too big for my pocket!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you have insurance, you can find out here:  Mobile Protection Insurance - Technology Warranty Support | Asurion  If you do, then you pay the deductible and get a replacement iPhone 5.  If there are no more in stock, you might get a 5S.  There is no such thing as a free phone, remember that if you decide to sign up on a new 2 year contract with a 5S and pay $40 a month in access charges vs a device payment plan and $20 a month access fee. If you opt for any trade in offer, just know that your phone is not eligible to trade in.

0 Likes
SimplySweetFace
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just purchased an iPhone 5s yesterday (Sunday) on VZW website. So, you can purchase through them.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

iPhone 5, NOT 5S.  Read the OP's headline.

0 Likes