iPhone 5
GLeung2013

My friend recently upgraded her iPhone 5 to a iPhone 6. She gave me her iPhone 5 and I was able to use it for a few days using WiFi, no cellular data. Yesterday the phone refused to turn on, I'm assuming Verizon disabled it or something. Is there any way to use the phone anymore? I don't really need cellular data, WiFi is good enough.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5
Weth
Legend

Something else is going on, Verizon does not disable a phone's ability to connect to wifi. Cellular, yes possibly, wifi, no. 

0 Likes
GLeung2013

Think you misunderstood my post. The wifi worked fine on the phone for the few days I was using it. I left it charging overnight next morning the phone would not turn on at all. I am curious to know whether verizon had disabled the device or something.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

i did not misunderstand.  Verizon does not disable phones. They will prevent cellular access, but will not disable the phone or wifi.   Your problem is something with the phone and has nothing to do with Verizon.  Your theory Verizon did something just is not correct. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Did you try rebooting the phone?   Press the home button and the sleep/wake button together for 10 seconds, then let go. 

0 Likes